Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On a personal note

After a few weeks of training on the cycle trainer, I took my bicycle out on the road today. Even if it was just for a short distance, it was great to be able to do it without much effort. For those who do not know what I am talking about, I have written in this blog about my outward condition, under the heading "Light affliction". Although there were some with a lot of questions, about me being in this situation and being a Christian, sharing what I am sharing, I must say that this is a wonderful experience- God has been showing me some awesome Truths in His Word, and above all, encouraging me to stay in His Rest! I am so very grateful to Him, the Giver of all good things, and the One Who has healed me, although it is not yet completely visible in the natural.

Philippians 3:20 "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

This has become so real to me- we are not of this world, we are citizens of heaven- and yes, we are here on this earthly journey, to be what He created us to be- the picture of Him, the light of the world, the salt of the earth- and this is who we are in Christ! And it is really all about Him, and not about me- I was fortunate and blessed to be included in His Finished Work (1Cor 1:30)!

I want to thank all my friends for praying and encouraging and just being there, some who I have not even met yet, I really appreciate you! Mariette and I are really looking forward to what God has in store for us in the future in terms of the fellowship He has called us to minister to, the building we are busy with in obedience to Him, our children (our oldest is bringing home his girlfriend on Sunday, can't wait!), our friends and the things we dream about! (and of course the cycle race in November!)

My prayer is that the eyes of your understanding will be flooded with His light, that you might be able to see Him like you have never seen Him before!

Be blessed! And, He really, really loves you!

No comments: