Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First things first

This is my first post on this blog and I must say that I am very excited about it! I believe that this is going to be a wonderful journey for me, and those who will take some time to read and enjoy with me what God has given us by His grace and His indescribable love for us!

Let us start by what I mean by living Life, enjoying Life and sharing Life.

When we think about life, the first thing we usually think about is our mere existence as human beings, but I believe that there is much more to it than that. Life is God's plan for us, to enjoy, to live and to share. Jesus said that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that He came to give us life in abundance- and in the light of Easter coming up- that is just what He did, He gave Himself for us so that we might share in this particular Life- His Life! Read what the Bible says in: Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favor and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation).

This is so exciting, and that is why I am completely convinced that there is more to Life than what most people experience- and the Bible goes on to say that He (God), has given us everything that we need to live this Life, and to be what He intended for us to be through our knowledge of Christ- and this knowledge is deeper than the intellect, in easy terms it means to know Him personally and intimately- and all we need to 'do', is to receive the Word through His Spirit in us to get to know Him.

I will share further on this tomorrow. Time to get back to preparing for Sunday and spend some quality time with my loved ones! Praying that you have a great day in getting to know Him better!

1 comment:

Warren said...

What a liberating article!